Hi, I'm Mrs. Schnack your child's School Nurse Teacher. I've been at Stony Lane for over 19 years and love being here. I'm here to help your child(ren) through all the little bumps (and big ones too!) that come along during the school day. I'm here for you and your family, please feel free to contact me on the clinic line 268-6543 or via email @ firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
Stony Lane School based flu clinic- Wednesday, November 14, 2018 from 4-6:30 in the school cafeteria
Register online at www.schoolflu.com
Calling your child out absent and when to keep your child home
Please call the clinic line at (401-268-6543 or email me at email@example.com when you anticipate that your child will be tardy or absent. If your child is out ill it is helpful to know your child's symptoms so that I can determine if an outbreak of one particular illness is occurring in the classroom or school. We ask that children stay home for the following reasons:
- Fever >100 F---A student should remain home for 24 hours fever free without the use of fever reducing medicine like tylenol (acetominophen) or ibuprofen.
- Thick drainage from the nose or eyes or a cold that a young child cannot manage in the classroom
- Vomiting or diarrhea- Again the student should remain home for 24 hours after the last bout of vomiting or diarrhea
- Persistent cough
- Excessive fatigue and lethargy due to their illness
- Known contagious condition (ie. strep throat, impetigo) that has not been properly treated
We try to encourage students to come to school if they are able to attend, however as a policy, we
If you are unsure if your child needs to stay home send me an email the night before or that morning and I'm happy to help you sort things out. I check my email regularly outside of school hours.